Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway - Marker at Historic Fort Klamath
- Upscale 2x4512x2992
The original finding aid described this photograph as:
Original Caption: The marker at historic Fort Klamath reads: "Fort Klamath Frontier Post. Established for the promotion of peaceful relationships between the Indians and the early settlers by the Oregon Volunteer Cavalry in 1863, the post was abandoned by the United States Army in 1890. Now preserved as a Klamath County Park for all people. Dedicated August 1973."
Location: Fort Klamath, Oregon (42.691° N 121.974° W)
Status: Public domain.
Digital Photographs Relating to America's Byways